Autoclave steam sterilizer is a device that uses saturated pressure steam to quickly and reliably disinfect and sterilize items. It is suitable for medical treatment and health, scientific research, agriculture and other units. Autoclave steam sterilizers are divided into portable autoclave steam sterilizers, vertical autoclave steam sterilizers, horizontal autoclave steam sterilizers, etc. according to their style and size. It can sterilize medical equipment, dressings, glassware, solution culture medium, etc.
(1) Add an appropriate amount of water to the outer pot, put the items to be sterilized into the inner pot, cover the pot and tighten the screw symmetrically.
(2) Heating causes steam to be generated in the pot. When the pointer of the pressure gauge reaches 33.78kPa, open the exhaust valve to discharge the cold air. At this time, the pointer of the pressure gauge drops. When the pointer drops to zero, the exhaust valve will be closed.
(3) Continue heating, then the steam in the pot increases, and the pointer of the pressure gauge rises again. When the pressure in the pot increases to the required pressure, the firepower should be reduced, and the steam pressure is maintained at the required pressure for a certain period of time according to the characteristics of the items to be sterilized. And then cut off the power or fire of the autoclave steam sterilizer, let it cool naturally, and then slowly open the exhaust valve to remove the remaining air, and then open the cover to take the item.
(1) The items to be sterilized should not be placed too tightly.
(2) The cold air must be fully removed, otherwise the temperature in the pot will not reach the specified temperature, which will affect the sterilization effect.
(3) After the sterilization is completed, do not vent and reduce pressure, otherwise the liquid in the bottle will boil violently, flush the cork and overflow, or even cause the container to burst. The cover can only be opened after the pressure in the autoclave steam sterilizer is reduced to equal to atmospheric pressure.
(4) The tampon of the test tube or bottle containing the culture medium should be wrapped with greased paper or kraft paper to prevent condensation water from entering.
(5) In order to ensure the sterilization effect, the sterilization effect should be checked regularly. The common method is to put sulfur powder (melting point: 115°C) or benzoic acid (melting point: 120°C) in a test tube, and then conduct a sterilization test. If the above substances melt, it means that the temperature in the autoclave steam sterilizer has reached the required level, and the sterilization effect is reliable. The adhesive paper (with temperature sensitive indicator on it) for detecting the effect of the autoclave steam sterilizer can also be pasted on the outer packaging of the items to be sterilized. If the indicator on the adhesive paper changes color, it also shows that the sterilization effect is reliable.
(6) Now there are microcomputer-controlled auto-control autoclave steam sterilizers. After the cool air is released, the instrument can automatically achieve constant pressure and set a time, and when the time is up, it will automatically cut off the power and sound the whistle, which is very convenient to use.
Hot Product Recommendation
Nine Maintenance Methods for Refrigerated Centrifuges to Help You Extend the Life of the Instrument
Several Methods of the Centrifugation of High Speed Centrifuge
The Difference between High Speed Centrifuge and Low Speed Centrifuge
Welcome your presence! You can send us an email to know more about our medical laboratory equipments. We will get in touch with you within 24 hours.