Separate the liquid and solid particles or one kind of liquid and the other kind of liquid in the sample mixture by centrifugal force, according to the sedimentation factor, mass, density, ect. of each group.
Centrifuge machine is the common separation instrument in the laboratory, which can classfied into low-speed centrifuge, high-speed centrifuge, ultra-speed centrifuge, etc. according to the speed.
Normal speed centrifuge: Rotating speed is less than 3500r/min.
High-speed centrifuge: Rotating speed is between 3500 r/min ~ 50000 r/min.
Ultra-speed centrifuge: Rotating speed is greater than 50000 r/min.
According to temperature, it can be divided into refrigerated centrifuge and normal temperature centrifuge;
According to the capacity, it can be divided into micro-capacity centrifuge, large-capacity capacity centrifuge and ultra-large capacity centrifuge;
According to the appearance, it can be divided into tabletop centrifuges and floor-type centrifuges.
Safety is the first consideration when operating centrifuge, uncontrollable centrifugal force can cause great damage. Therefore, pay attention to whether the centrifuge tube is balanced, whether the rotating speed exceeds the setting, whether the rotor is corroded, etc. The centrifuge seems to be simple to use and requires no technology, but the correct use and maintenance are still necessary. Once a failure occurs, it will cause delays in the experiment, which is a bad bargain.
(1) When the centrifuge is in the pre-cooling state, the lid of it must be closed. After centrifugation, the rotor should be placed upside down on the laboratory bench, and the remaining water in the cavity should be wiped off, in this process, the centrifuge lid is open.
(2) When the machine is pre-cooled, the rotor cover can be placed on the platform of the centrifuge or placed on the laboratory bench, do not put the rotor cover lightly on the rotor without tightening, for once started by mistake, the head cover will fly out, and causing an accident.
(3) After the rotor cover is tightened, be sure to touch the rotor with your fingers and make sure that there is no gap between the rotor cover and the rotor. If there is, do not turn the centrifuge on until it is confirmed that there is no gap.
(4) When centrifuge works, staffs should stay in the room, once an emergency occurs, the operator cannot turn off the power, but press the STOP button. Before the pre-cooling, fill in the centrifuge usage records.
(5) Do not use fake or inferior centrifuge tubes, and do not use aging, deformed, or cracked centrifuge tubes.
(6) The last one who use the centrifuge must undergo routine safety inspections before leaving on holidays and evenings.
(7) If there is a failure during the usage or the parts are damaged, please contact the manufacturer in time.
Electric centrifuges are commonly used in laboratories, which has high rotating speed. Be careful when operating, in particular, it is necessary to prevent the centrifuge from moving while working due to imbalance or aging of the test tube pad during the operation, which may cause it falling from the laboratory bench. Or accidents occur as the lid is not covered, and the centrifuge tube is broken due to vibration, then, making the glass shards fly out. Therefore, when using the centrifuge, you must pay attention to the following operation rules.
(1) Cotton or test tube pads should be placed at the bottom of the centrifuge casing.
(2) If there is a noise the electric centrifuge made or it vibrates, cut off the power immediately, and troubleshoot it instantly.
(3) The centrifuge tube must be symmetrically placed in the casing to prevent vibration of the machine body. If there is only one sample tube, a tube with water of equal weight should be placed.
(4) When starting the centrifuge, the top cover of the centrifuge should be covered, then, make sure it start slowly.
(5) After the separation, turn off the centrifuge firstly, after the centrifuge stops rotating, you can open the centrifuge cover and take out the sample. Remember, do not use external force to make it stop moving.
(6) The centrifugation time is generally 1 to 2 minutes, during the process, operators shall not leave, or do other things.
Hot Product Recommendation
Nine Maintenance Methods for Refrigerated Centrifuges to Help You Extend the Life of the Instrument
Several Methods of the Centrifugation of High Speed Centrifuge
The Difference between High Speed Centrifuge and Low Speed Centrifuge
Welcome your presence! You can send us an email to know more about our medical laboratory equipments. We will get in touch with you within 24 hours.